Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
WE HAVE MOVED!
Yes, the adventure continues, just not here!

If you would still like to RP with us, go to;
http://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org/

We look forward to meeting you!

Create your team and explore a completely new world!!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

A Different Approach?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
McDerpaderp

PostSubject: A Different Approach?   Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Lilith looked around her as she landed on a branch, taking in the familiar sight of the forest. She had unpleasant memories of this place, as this was the first place to take shelter after the harsh fire that had changed the lives of her, her brother and probably many other pokemon. It was probably right to let him stay at the pond... she thought. The small pond was a safe shelter, and none of the pokemon staying there were hostile. Besides, he wouldn't have to sense the familiar surroundings yet. Even if he would be able to handle it, she didn't want to expose the memories to him just yet. Honing her senses, the Crobat tried to see if there were any pokemon close by. In the past, this would have been to mug the unfortunate passer-by, now, however, it was for a completely different reason. She wanted to talk with someone, to convince someone...to help someone. To prove that even a "pesky outlaw" was more than willing to change.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
SereneLittleRose
Admin

Stats
Poke: 1280
Team: ShadowFern/DesertWind /Voltage/Obsidian/Storm /Oncoming Storm
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: A Different Approach?   Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:01 pm

The Rattata tilted her head to the side in confusion at the offer, then it hit her. "Oh! I'd loove too!" she grinned.
Aerie's eyes were practically shining at the idea, "Yes please!! I mean.... as long as it's not too much trouble."
The Venonat caught herself in her excitement. She didn't want to put any strain on their Guide as she was already doing them a favor by leading them out of the forest.

As long as Im with you, time will never end ...

They’ve promised us that dreams come true - but forgot that nightmares are dreams too.

The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa,
the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pmd-roleplay.forumotions.net
McDerpaderp

PostSubject: Re: A Different Approach?   Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:41 am

"It's no trouble at all." Lilith smiled at the Aerie and Cordelia. "I'm used to carrying my brother, so it's alright." she explained, landing in front of the duo. "Who would like to go first?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SereneLittleRose
Admin

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: A Different Approach?   Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:59 pm

"You can go first if you like Delia." replied the Venonat, much to the Rattata's surprise.
"Are you sure?" she asked, tilted her head again in curiosity.

Despite the overwhelming desire Aerie had for flying, the Venonat was still aware of her friend and how she might feel about it. She knew that Cordelia would never be able to fly using her own abilities.

Aerie nodded, smiling.
"I don't mind waiting for second turn!"

They’ve promised us that dreams come true - but forgot that nightmares are dreams too.

the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

Back to top Go down
McDerpaderp

PostSubject: Re: A Different Approach?   Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:08 pm

"You really are good friends." Lilith though out loud. Snapping out of her thoughts, she bowed down in order for Cordelia to climb onto her back. "Well then, your flight is currently boarding, Ms. Cordelia." She joked as she waited for the Rattata to climb on. "We are currently lacking seat belts, but we do have a no turbulence guarantee."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SereneLittleRose
Admin

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: A Different Approach?   Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:17 pm

The Rattata laughed as she gently climbed onto the Crobat's back. Aerie chuckled too, watching as Cordelia made sure that she wouldn't fall off easily.

Back to top Go down
McDerpaderp

PostSubject: Re: A Different Approach?   Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:25 pm

"All set?" Lilith asked as the Rattata had settled on her back. Everything seemed in order, Cordelia was on and her weight was nicely balanced, but there was no harm in asking. "I'm going to do a test hover to check if everything's alright and to let you get used to being airborne." the Crobat explained, her wings set to take off. "Just tell if something's wrong, okay?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SereneLittleRose
Admin

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: A Different Approach?   Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:03 pm

Cordelia shifted her feet slightly before answering the Crobat's first question, "Yup!"
She listened to the bat-like pokemon as she explained that she would be doing a test hover. Nodding, she repeated her earlier 'Yup!'and waited for Lilith to take off, bracing herself in case it ended up being scarier than she thought.

Aerie watched with curiosity as both pokemon readied themselves for the take off.

Back to top Go down
McDerpaderp

PostSubject: Re: A Different Approach?   Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:34 am

"On the count of three, then. 1," Lilith's feet tensed. "2," her wings stretched out. "3." The second she uttered the number, her feet gently kicked away from the ground and her wings started flapping, enabling her to stay airborne. This wasn't much different than carrying Kiru, as Cordelia was pretty tiny and lightweight, beingjust barely heavier than her small brother. The weight was distributed pretty evenly, as well, signalling that the Rattata was safely balanced. "Seems like we're all set for the real flight." she confirmed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SereneLittleRose
Admin

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: A Different Approach?   Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Cordelia watched as Lilith completed her test hover. She had been initially scared that something would go wrong but that fear seemed to disappear as the Crobat announced that they were set for the real flight.

Back to top Go down
McDerpaderp

PostSubject: Re: A Different Approach?   Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:16 pm

"Since everything's in order, let's keep going." Having confirmed that everything was okay, Lilith looked from the road to Aerie, then back at the road. "I believe the next post is about 150 meters from here, so we'll take a break to switch in approximately 75 meters." she commented as she steadily started to move forwards, being careful not to startle Cordelia with the sudden speed ups she normally did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SereneLittleRose
Admin

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: A Different Approach?   Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Cordelia nodded, "Alright!"

Meanwhile, Aerie followed the two, though at a slower pace. Despite her want to fly she was also still curious about the area and had realized that in all the excitement, she had overlooked it's beauty. She hoped that their Crobat guide wouldn't mind if she hung behind a few metres.

Back to top Go down
McDerpaderp

PostSubject: Re: A Different Approach?   Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:32 pm

Lilith's ears twitched a little. When she carried someone on her back, partially turning around to look back was pretty inconvenient. So she tended to use her good old supersonic senses as a second pair of eyes in those situations. Catching the signal of Aerie a couple of feet behind her, she slowed down a little, ending up side by side with the Venonat. "Taking in the sights?" she asked. "I can't blame you if you do, this forest really is beautiful, after all."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SereneLittleRose
Admin

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: A Different Approach?   Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:54 pm

The Venonat smiled and nodded, "Yup! I find that being in new places is also rather refreshing." Her white antennae twitched as she detected rustling in the bushes.
"Look out!"

A Tranquill fluttered out of the bushes, it's claws outstretched and beak wide open as it prepared to attack. Before Aerie could react however, Cordelia had leaped off of Lilith's back and used Icy Wind on the flying type, protecting her friend.

Back to top Go down
McDerpaderp

PostSubject: Re: A Different Approach?   Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:13 pm

Lilith turned around in surprise as the Tranquill flew out of the bushes. She should have realized that focusing her ultrasonic senses on just one particular spot instead of scanning the entire area would backfire. In this case, she could've seen the pokemon earlier and waltzed around the encounter, but alas, here they were. Cordelia had managed to temporarily stun the Tranquill with her Icy Wind, but there's no telling what this pokemon might do after it had regained its composure. Then it hit her. "I don't remember seeing any Pidove in this area, so what's a Tranquill suddenly showing up and attacking us for?" she wondered out loud. She just hoped it wasn't for a familiar reason.

(I'm thinking that the Tranquill could be an outlaw who recognizes Lilith. Should you or I rp him/her, and what gender should he/she be? Also, do you have another idea to the Tranquill?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SereneLittleRose
Admin

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: A Different Approach?   Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:00 pm

The Venonat quickly regained her own composure and focused on using a Psybeam attack. The multicoloured beam of psychic energy appeared to come from Aerie's eyes.

Cordelia didn't relax after her first attack, she was ready to attack again if the Tranquill continued to be a threat.

Back to top Go down
McDerpaderp

PostSubject: Re: A Different Approach?   Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:40 pm

The Icy Wind that had caught Tranquill off guard was starting to wear off. As he opened his eyes he saw the three pokemon, the Rattata who attacked him, the Venonat he had tried to attack and a Crobat...with burn marks on her wing. No way. "That you, Lilith?" He stuttered out, not believing his eyes. He couldn't exactly claim to know her, but they had bumped into each others once or twice in the black market. "I almost didn't recognize you! Congratulations on evolving, I guess. So lemme guess; you got the same brilliant idea as yours truly, right?" he guessed, unable to see the despairing expression on the Crobat's face, her begging for him to stop talking. "Gaining the trust of these small fry so you could take that there stone, amiright? It probably won't sell for riches, but it's something. Whaddaya say we team up on snatching this thing and split the profit?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SereneLittleRose
Admin

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: A Different Approach?   Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Both Aerie and Cordelia were caught off guard when the Tranquill suddenly started talking to their Crobat guide as if they were friends.
So Lilith is her name...
Their thoughts were roughly the same at the bird pokemon's first question. But as the rest of the Tranquill's words came tumbling out, both inncent pokemon found themselves looking warily at their guide.
Each of their minds were whirling.
But she seemed nice enough... thought Aerie. Why would she suddenly turn on us... but then again.. What if she really was planning to steal Cordelia's everstone...

Cordelia found herself backing away from both the Tranquill and the Crobat. It was a well known fact where she came from that she didn't want to evolve. If her everstone shard was taken, she would have no way to prevent it.

Back to top Go down
McDerpaderp

PostSubject: Re: A Different Approach?   Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:17 pm

Why him...why now? These thoughts wandered through Lilith's head as her ears drooped in defeat. "You...you're probably not thinking much of me right now." she stuttered out, unable to meet the gaze of the Pokemon she had guided up to this point. "And what you just heard is true, but also false. I admit that I used to be an outlaw, and that I used to mug passing Pokemon. But I only did it because I had no choice." she argued, her eyes meeting the gaze of the Tranquill. This was the kind of thief she had grown to loathe; the kind who found pleasure in stealing. "I loathed my previous life. But one encounter with an explorer changed everything. He offered me a second chance, and I gracefully accepted it. The sheer happiness of getting that chance made me evolve, and since then I've been working like a Houndour trying to clear my name." the Crobat's eyes were gleaming with determination as she opened her mouth once again to finish her explanation. "I've sworn upon my evolution to never return to that miserable life."

"Miserable?" The Tranquill repeated, not believing his own ears. It was true that Lilith seemed bitter and withdrawn every time he saw her, but he had always shrugged it off as being part of her personality. That cool personality of a cool thief he eventually begun to admire a little, just an illusion. "you think you know a gal..." the bird shook his head in disappointment. Then his expression changed into anger. "I was hoping for an easy snag, but since you insist on being such a Goodie Two-Shoes I guess I'm gonna have to fight you all!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SereneLittleRose
Admin

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: A Different Approach?   Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:12 pm

The two stood and listened to Lilith's speech. Something in the tone of her voice seemed to get through the Cordelia as she seemed to stop backing away and contemplated returning to the Crobat's side. Aerie on the other hand didn't know what to do. She looked from the Tranquill to the Crobat in turn. It was true that throughout the short time they had been together, nothing of Lilith's actions indicated a want to steal anything from them.

At the Tranquill's words Cordelia decided that if even the bird outlaw believed Lilith, then there must be some truth in her words. The Rattata didn't wait for the bird to strike first. A few small flames formed in her mouth as she began to spin. Using Flame Wheel, she headed straight for the Tranquill.

Back to top Go down
McDerpaderp

PostSubject: Re: A Different Approach?   Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:57 pm

Tranquill flinched in pain as the Fire Wheel connected with his chest. "Y-you li'l brat!" he stuttered, shaking off the worst pain. As he staggered back into the air he felt a sting in his shoulder. The sting of a burn. "H-heh." The outlaw couldn't help but letting out a small chuckle as he reached out his wing to show off his ember coated wound. "Looks like we match now, eh, Lilith?" he chuckled, his words aimed at his ex-comrade who was too shell-shocked to hide her own wound. "Ironic, huh? Say," the Tranquill turned his head, facing Aerie. "What about completing this collection of burnt wings? With these embers, I bet I can burn some scars into the make-believe wings of this bug." And with those words, he dived.

"Aerie!" Lilith had been in a near catatonic state starting when Cordelia had burned the Tranquill. The outlaw's dive, however, snapped her out of it. Quickly taking off, she knocked the Tranquill off-balance with an Aerial Ace. "Go ahead, mock my traumatic injury all you want." The Crobat snarled, blocking the way for the bird as he regained his balance. "But as a recently changed, law-abiding pokemon, I won't let you hurt these innocent travellers, ex-comrade or not."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Different Approach?   Today at 1:53 am

Back to top Go down

A Different Approach?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2