Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
WE HAVE MOVED!
Yes, the adventure continues, just not here!

If you would still like to RP with us, go to;
http://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org/

We look forward to meeting you!

Create your team and explore a completely new world!!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

lost in translation.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dediles

Stats
Poke: 1800
Team: Team Hitori(leader), team obsidian.
Inventory:

PostSubject: lost in translation.   Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:30 am

First topic message reminder :

arty furiously tore through his work, he had to check and translate bits of a stone tablet, and he had to keep brushing away the dirt, and wrote down notes constantly, he also had a ton of reference books to help him translate.with a desk mounted magnifying glass, he found that the bottom of the tablet had a mad. he could probably find more artifacts based on it. he turned to get another book when his tail nicked the table, the tablet shifted, but stayed on the desk, arty had to be careful of his size. he tended to loose control when he got exited. he calmed down and leaned against a wall, coincidentally that was the wall he took his anger out on as a child, and his weight made the already non stable wall fall apart and he fell backwards into the hallway.
"ow."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Tenshineko

Stats
Poke: 1050
Team: Midori(Grass)
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:52 am

"We should get inside the cave!" Starfire shouted while running in the cave.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dediles

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:31 am

arty chuckled and followed starfire. once inside the cave he brushed off the snow and hail from the blizzard. "interesting bit of knowledge, caves are always the same temperature once you get far enough in, unless you are like in a volcano or something." arty said walking deeper in. he took a torch out of his bag and held it against the wall. with a scrape of his claws against the rock, the sparks ignited the oil soaked cloth. "speaking of witch we need to go deeper in, are you ok?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshineko

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:35 pm

Starfire looked at Arty in awe at the things he knew about. "I think I'm ok if I start to get tiard I will let you know. I want to know as much as you do Arty. When I get stronger I want to become a Ninetails." she said.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dediles

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:54 pm

"no. don't say that. evolution is a one way deal. i know, i never got to enjoy myself as a child. right now you are small, fast, agile. if you evolve you will lose those traits. there are benefits to be sure, but they don't outweigh your way of life. you need to think about it, every time that you get stronger, what will change when i evolve? you need to know the full consequences of your actions." Arty said as they walked further into the cave. they reached a cavern with nine stone pillars and a single stone pedestal in the center. the cavern wasn't very large and a couple of the pillars had fallen over. it looked like only a small shrine of sorts. Arty put the torch in a holder on one of the pillars and set down his bag. he took out a cloth and set it out on the smooth side of a fallen pillar. he set out varies tools and such and a sketch of what the tablet had inscribed on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshineko

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:58 pm

"I know what you mean Arty it's just I don't want to stay a Vulpix forever. I mean think about it when I choose to become a Ninetails I'll be even stronger and I'll gain more knowlage." Starfire explained. Arty was right though evalution is a one time deal you can't turn back. "Besides if I become a Ninetail and live for who knows how long maybe I could awnser the questions you asked me earlyer."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dediles

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:05 pm

"don't think to much into it, you need to live one life before beginning another. i know i would have liked to have been a normal child, but i evolved too quickly because i wanted to fight better. it's a decision i regret. you still have time to enjoy what you have, don't ruin that by wanting what is in the future. ok, now we need to find a seam along the wall, a crack or a crevice, that will indicate where the door is." arty said, scraping a claw gently against the moist rock wall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshineko

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:49 pm

"A what?" Starfire asked. She could see water trailing down the walls.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dediles

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:58 pm

Arty sighed to himself. "never-mind, i found it." Arty said, his claw catching against the stone. "can you dry this wall off, that way i can work easier" arty said pointing to the wall with the seam in the stone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshineko

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:29 pm

Starfire walked infront of the wall, "Sure I' use Ember gently." she said using Ember making it into a small flame. She walked along the wall to help it dry faster,

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dediles

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:37 pm

while starfire was drying the wall arty took out some tools from his pack. he had a couple of chisels, brushes and magnifying glasses. he went over to the wall and wedged a chisel into the seam. he started to remove the rock that was deposited by the water slowly trickling through the limestone cavern. "bet your exited to be here now. without damaging the door i can get it open in about fifteen minutes" Arty said with a magnifying glass held over one of his eyes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshineko

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:45 pm

Starfire nodded yes and stopped using Ember, "Is this dry enough?" she asked she couldn't really tell she had fur not skin.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dediles

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:44 am

"yes that's fine." Arty said. he crouched down and started working on the bottom of the door. soon enough it was quite obvious that it was a door. the work was slow and steady, but it was worth it. within a few minutes the outline of the door was completely visible and ready to be opened. "OK, are you ready to see what is on the other side of this door?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshineko

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:59 am

Starfire was getting excited, "I'm ready. The suspence is killing me already." she said.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dediles

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:07 am

"calm down. first we have to actually open it. i made it so the door opens, but it's still locked. we need one last thing to unlock it." arty said. he went back to his pack and got a mess of silver tubes. "oh dear, i don't think this is going to be long enough. each of these pillars has a hole in it. there are nine pillars. a ninetails could easily manipulate flame with one each of it's tails. the flame would have to make it down into the door mechanism and then ignite certain chemicals, witch would trigger the door to open, as it is i don't have enough tubing to get to each of the holes with spare, that means this door isn't budging."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshineko

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:15 am

Starfire thought for a moment, "Maybe I can try it?"she asked already trying to creat flames on one of her six tails.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dediles

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:05 am

"no, that won't work. you lack the psychic power to control the flames." Arty said. "all i need to do is go back to the guild and get more tubing. it's inconvenient, but it is all part of the job." Arty went back and checked his notes. he sorted through them until he found something. "that pedestal, what do you think it's for?" Arty asked, an idea forming. the pedestal was about 2/3 of a meter in diameter, and was about a foot off of the ground.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshineko

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:13 pm

Starfire noticed Arty looking at something, "What is it? You have an idea?" she asked.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dediles

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:14 am

"Maybe." arty said as he walked up the the pedestal. he tested a bit of his weight on it, it slid down a bit. he released it and it went back to normal. he got his field journal out and wrote down his observations. he put it down and then turned to Starfire. "i think this may be an alternate way of opening. during the third era of this civilization the ninetails family got closer to each other. eventually so much so that vulpixes were started to be worshiped as lesser gods. i believe you can unlock this door by standing on this." arty said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshineko

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:29 am

Starfire tilted her head, "We were woshiped as gods? I don't like that kind of thinking but oh well." she said slowly standing on the pedestal. Feeling it move slightly she moved her paw back, "I don't think I can do this." she said in a scared tone.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dediles

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:36 am

"What? it's not a death trap. the worst thing that could happen is the mechanism break, and only then it would just shift a bit more than usual." Arty said. "now none of the pillars that have fallen over have the mechanism i think that is used in this lock. one of these pillars has something that you can see, and i can't. a psychic flame. it wouldn't be obvious so look at each pillar closely, then when you find it, fire an ember into the hole." Arty said, pointing to a hole on one of the pillars. they all had one, like he said earlier when he explained the lock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshineko

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:49 am

Starfire looked at Arty nursuosly, "O-ok." she quickly hopped in the Pedestal. She then looked at the pillars with the holes in them. Looking closely at the hole she saw a blue flame. "Arty what color is the psychic flame suppoed to be?" she asked not taking her eyes off the flame.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dediles

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:53 am

"it doesn't really matter, if you can see any flame that doesn't look natural than that is it, and i can't see any flames besides my torch." arty said. he brought out his journal and jotted down what Starfire was saying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshineko

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:57 am

"I just use Ember right?" Starfire comfurmed. Taking a deep breath she used Ember in the pillars with holes in them. When she did all the pillars had flames in them. "Now what?" she asked staying where she was.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dediles

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:00 am

The answer came in the form of a scraping. the door slowly slid inward. "well, no more waiting, all we have to do is push that door in a little more and we finally get to see what is on the other side." arty said, packing a few of his things back in his pack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenshineko

Stats
Inventory:

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:04 am

"Ok. Let's get to it." Starfire said getting off the pedestal and went to the sound of the scraping. She found the source in between two pillers.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lost in translation.   

Back to top Go down

lost in translation.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next